Due to the very strong wind storm, course building has been delayed a bit. Course inspection tomorrow may not be completely ready until late in the day, feel free to stop by to check out the Park and get in some inspection. Meet the Pros out on course and we’ll try to get a Q&A going for those who want to meet the pros – around 4pm. The later you come, the better or feel free to come early and help up set up so we can catch up : ) There might even be some Pro riders there to give you a tip or two! Volunteers appreciated tomorrow with set up or over the weekend! Contact: Dot@SoCalCross.org
Don’t forget tonight (THURS) is the last opportunity to pre-register for CXLA Weekend, BUT we you’ll have one more chance to get the online discount pricing. Come join us from 6pm-8pm at Golden Saddle Cyclery located in Echo Park. Pre-registered? Great! Stop by and pick up your race number and no need to wait in line on race day! Beer and Happy Hour treats will be served. Check out the local good eats nearby on Sunset!
Golden Saddle Cyclery is located at: 618 Lucile Ave Los Angeles… 323-661-1174
Come join us at Los Angeles State Historic Park for CXLA weekend presented by Focus Bicycles and Cynergy Cycles with big names of cycling coming to race including: Queen of CXLA 2010, returning two time champ, Sue Butler will be joining us. Last weekend’s Jingle Cross winners and champions of cycling in their own right, Tim Johnson and Meredith Miller will pay their first visit to Southern California cyclocross. International riders include Ben Berden from Belgium. Rapha-Focus will bring elite crossers and newly crowned single speed world champs, Chris Jones and Julie Krasniak also from France. Also their U23 tiger, Zach McDonald will be challenged by Nor Cal’s Cody Kaiser and Morgan Ryan, Ben Bertiger and Alexander Vaughan-Riuz from SoCal. Elite women U23 include Hungarian Champ, Barbara Benko and Jr Champ, Alexis Ryan. SoCalCross Prestige Series sponsor SPY Optic also Cannondale/Cyclocross World’s Nicole Duke. Looking for a fun mix if riders from across the US as SoCalCross works to build West Coast UCI CX racing!
Tell your friends to come by and check out the festival, take the metro Goldline to Chinatown Station less than 50 pedaling-yards from the park entrance. discover DTLA by bicycle with rides Sat and Sun at 10am short spins of the LA River route, Arts District at 10am each day! Learn about the Historic Park and its significance on the history and culture of Los Angles. Entry-rides are free to the public, each day the kids and canine FUN race will entertain and kick off the elite races. Look for the Pros to join in. Want to try ‘cross – demo bikes are available for rental or bring your own bike – mountain bikes work well! Beginner’s clinic each day at 8AM and Beginner racing immediately following!
- Friday 12/2: Course Build – open for inspection 3p-5pm (HIGH WINDS MAY DELAY OUR FINISH)
- Friday: 3:30-4:30pm Meet the Pros – Pre-Ride Q&A.
- Friday: 6pm-8pm Happy Hour @Golden Saddle Cyclery… Earlybird Registration Save $ & time in line & Packet Pick up
- Saturday 12/3: 8:30a-4:30p CXLA Day One
- Saturday 12/3: 10:00a Women’s Spin-DTLA Art Ride (a casual 5 mile route to the Art District) *Meet at Cynergy Cycles Lounge in Expo, 11-12n Women’s Lounge Meet & Greet Social – live streaming
- Saturday: PM DTLA Night Ride (casually paced night ride around the town)
- Saturday: 7p-9pm Join us at the Millenium Biltmore for – Dinner, Drinks & Jazz
- Sunday: 12/4 8:30a-4:30p CXLA Day Two
- Sunday: 12/4 10am The Water Ride (5+ mile ride up the LA River-Arroyo Seco Confluence to Highland Park then we’ll hop on the Gold Line Metro – bring $ for fare taking riders back to Chinatown and the race)
PARKING-VIP TEAM PARKING:
We will set up a drop off zone for anyone who wants to bring in their tent at the Southern most end of the park – first come first serve. There will be live music, a new run up hill, barriers and the trees section so it should be entertaining. The middle grass we are not recommending to set up in due to recent fertilizers that may irritate skin so not best to sit in it all day : ( Load in can happen all day… first come first serve.
Want to be nearest the finish line and viewing hill of the SPY Fly-Over? VIP set up is available for $50/day or $75 weekend per 10×10 and includes 2 free lunches and VIP parking passes… located just outside the finish line. Reserve your space (it is limited). Chris@SoCalCross.org
Online registration is now closed. Come to Golden Saddle Cyclery today between 6PM-8PM and receive pre-reg discount pricing. Special weekend pricing packages available. Race Day Registration will open at 7:00AM each day and closes 20 minutes prior to each race start except for UCI men and women – race day registration ends one hour prior to elite women’s race start, so 1:10pm each day.
- For UCI events Elite Men, Elite Women are required to hold a USA Cycling International License.
- For amateur categories, a USA Cycling license is required. 2012 USA licenses can be purchased on line beginning December 1st at: www.USACycling.org or on race day good through 12/31/2012. One-day licenses will be available at race for non-UCI events $10.
Dust stormed sun glows the DTLA skyline.