ATHLETICS - CLOTHING - COMMUNITY
who we are
It’s hard to decide where to start describing who we are.
Might as well stat at the beginning. Fifteen friends who met through triathlons got together and decided triathlons were getting way too serious.
Step 1. Rather than succumb to a world of overpriced, over ego’d, over the top, ever excluding athletes, we took it upon ourselves to do what we do best…have fun.
And why stop at tris? Come to find out there’s a whole world of endurance sports out there that take themselves way too serious. We’ve taken it upon ourselves to change that. Whether it’s triathlons, cycling, cyclocross, running, swimming, adventure racing or finding the best bars in town, we do it, we do it right and we do it together.
Step 2. Community. We hate doing things alone. We are a community built by the people, for the people. We’re a family of like-minded individuals working towards the same ideals and goals. Training alone sucks and training with people who only try and show you up sucks even more. We’re real, down to earth, good ‘ol fashioned individuals who continually strive to do our mothers proud. We get the job done, get the training in, but we’re doing it together. It doesn’t matter who you are, where you come from, what you have done and what you have not done, you’re one of us.
Step 3. A revolution. We’re all in this together no matter your athletic ability or economic means. OK, we’ll be honest…we’re not as big a deal as we pretend to be. We don’t have the means or the desire to be throwing cash down like it’s our job and we know the majority of people out there are in our corner on that. We’re giving professional, expertise coaching for an affordable price. You’re not going to find that in your ordinary club. Here’s the fine print on what you can expect.
- Coached weekly swims. Swims catered to the individual per ability with sets for weekly masters swims and technique work. We limit numbers to maximize the coach/athlete ratio.
- Trainingpeaks powered schedules, hand crafted for each athlete’s races and goals. And we’ll even email you your sessions everyday.
- Coached weekly track sessions to build running speed, technique and confidence.
- Weekend group sessions. Rides, runs, hikes, swims, trails. Bring it. Guided and supported.
- Plenty of social events…the key to a balanced lifestyle isn’t all about the training.
And while we have your attention (if you’re still reading you must really like us) what better way to make you feel a part of the family than to share with you the code of ethics we created on day one, strive to live by each day, and continually look to every time we make a decision here at squareone.
These values and beliefs are instilled by what you DO and not what you say. You don’t “set” these values. The proper question is, “What values do we hold in our gut?”
- We are an innovative athletic brand built to support superior services for a lifestyle that’s affordable to all.
- We will provide and maintain the highest level quality service regardless of the size of our company or project.
- We believe in maintaining a high standard of athletic training at prices that are affordable to all.
- We believe in helping individuals reach their maximum potential both physically and mentally.
- We will continually think outside the box and stay away from what is considered the “industry norm”.
- We intend to make a contribution to society through our products and services and the way we deliver them.
- We value hard work and high performance for it’s own sake…working for the enjoyment of it.
- The future of our company rests on like minded individuals with the passion, creativity and ingenuity to continually strive toward our vision.
- We follow the Golden Rule.
- We value being in a nice physical setting.
- We value having fun and time away to play.