Fun Things to do as part of CXLA Weekend…
Race, Recreate, Advocate... the bicycle!
Hope you can make it to CXLA! Check out the festival, take the metro Goldline to Chinatown Station less than 50 pedaling-yards from the park entrance. discover DTLA by bicycle with rides Sat and Sun at 10am short spins of the LA River route, Arts District at 10am each day! Learn about the Historic Park and its significance on the history and culture of Los Angles. Entry-rides are free to the public, each day the kids and canines FUN race will entertain and kick off the elite races. Look for the Pros to join in. Want to try ‘cross – demo bikes are available for rental or bring your own bike – mountain bikes work well! Beginner’s clinic each day at 8AM and Beginner racing immediately following! Take your own ride each day to discover LA… by bike. I’d recommend a climb to the top of Elysian Park… enter off Broadway next to the Buena Vista Bridge built over 100 years ago!
Race Day registration opens each day ay 7:00AM. Closes 20 minutes before each race start. You must have an annual or one day USA Cycling license to compete. Licenses available race day. Special two day race discounts available.
- Saturday 12/3: 8:30a-4:30p CXLA Day One: cyclocross racing for all levels… kids & canines fun race at 1:50pm
- Saturday 12/3: 10:00a Women’s Spin-DTLA Art Ride (a casual 5 mile route to the Art District) *Meet at Cynergy Cycles Lounge in Expo *Saturday’s race will benefit the Los Angeles County Bicycle Coalition and Cyclists Inciting Change thru Live Exchange …both promoting transportation bicycling.
- Saturday 12/3: 11am Women’s Lounge Meet & Greet Social – live streaming video of our chat to live on in infamy!
- Saturday 12/3: 1:50pm Kids and Canines Fun ‘Cross Race aimed for the young ones on a short user friendly loop. Bring your favorite pooch to run along too!
- Saturday: 12/3: 6:30pm DTLA Night Ride Under the Stars! (approx – 10 mile night ride around the Town)
- Saturday: 12/3: Starting at 7:30pm… Join us at the Millenium Biltmore Hotel in Downtown – Dinner, Drinks & Jazz at the Bar… Long considered one of the best hotel bars in Los Angeles, this elegant downtown lounge serves a long list of signature martinis, fine wines and exclusive liqueurs under the watchful eyes of gracefully carved angels that float above the polished granite bar. Sip your cocktail along one of the secluded leather banquettes, or retire to the adjacent Cognac Room, a sultry lounge with soft couches and wooden cabinets filled with Biltmore memorabilia from the first half of the twentieth century.
- Sunday: 12/4 8:30a-4:30p CXLA Day Two
- Sunday: 12/4 10am The Water Ride (5+ mile ride up the LA River-Arroyo Seco Confluence to Highland Park then we’ll hop on the Gold Line Metro – bring $ for fare taking riders back to Chinatown and the race) *Sunday’s race will benefit the Arroyo Seco Foundation and Friends of the LA River… both promoting awareness of our water resources and watershed health.