Join the fun on Saturday May 7th at the Long Beach BikeFest! SoCalCross to host City Cross a short circuit obstacle course using the streets and alleys of the Long Beach Arts District with fun city fixtures, wooden berm and whoop ramps making it a full-on roller-coaster course of fun! Categories for all bicycles… CX, Road, MTB, Fixed Gear, Beach Cruiser/Coaster, BMX, MTB… bring what you got! Registration is open online until Saturday 5/6 – 6PM and available day of starting at 11AM! Course open for preview 12:30PM.
- 1:00 PM City Cross A/B Championship Qualifiers (men/women/juniors) * Fastest Lap time in qualifiers sort the the finals A/B
- 1:30 PM by City Cross Fun Races (3 laps to go)
- 2:00 PM by Kiddie Cross
- 2:30 PM City Cross B Championship Final!
- 3:00 PM City Cross A Championship Final!
- 3:30 PM Costume Bike Parade on Broadway
- 4:00 PM City Cross Awards/Best Costume & Best Decorated Bike Contest – at Main Stage on Linden
Course opens at 12N racing to follow with Qualifiers for Championships then Community Cross any bike goes beginner friendly bail out options FUN Races, Kiddie Kross at 2:30pm kicking off our championship hour of racing!
CITY CROSS OBSTACLES:
1. ART PARK: DJ dancing, stage ramp, grass, sandpit.
2. MEN AT WORK CONSTRUCTION ZONE: traffic barricade zig-zag turns, wood beam double barriers dismount or bunny hop!
3. GRAFFITI WALL: Moto-CX section whoops & table tops… hold on or take the easy way detour
4. BIKE PIT U-HAUL: Dismount hand off bike-in&out of van!
5. DUMPSTER ALLEY: Dumpster weave then roll over the pallet ramp!
6. THE DONUT BAR: Down one and go!
City Cross Championships will start Le Mans-style! (run to your bike and go)!
After the races, enjoy the festival with lots to do including the Bikefest Vendor Village Expo including live music, vendors, the New Belgium Beer Garden, City Ground Gold Sprints, kicking off at 1pm with City Cross then racing continues into the night with the Wolfpack Hustle Shortline Fixed Gear Criterium!
COMING UP SUNDAY, MAY 29TH – SOCAL GRAVEL TROFEE #2: LA ROUBAIX!
The L. A. ROUBAIX TROFEE pays tribute to Europe’s Spring Classics, monumental rides such as Paris-Roubaix (the Hell of the North!) by offering riders a hard, fun day of cycling on everything Los Angeles has to offer, and all within sight of Downtown. No cobblestones, but the L. A.s’ equivalent: rugged, barely paved roads, dirt roads, single track, old trolley tracks, and stairs. The rides includes climbing over a bunch of hills, too. Participants can choose from two distances: the Petit TROFEE at approximately 30 miles (with 2,300 feet of climbing) or the Grande TROFEE at 62 miles (a whopping 7,300 feet of climbing). Beer and good food will await all finishers at Golden Road. Participants will earn valuable points toward TROFEE series prizes and awards.
The So Cal Gravel TROFEE is a series of six scored events produced by SoCal Cross from April to September 2016. So Cal Gravel Trofees are medium distance rides on pavement, dirt roads, fire trails, single track and interesting obstacles mixed together into challenging rough road rides into some of the best urban and wilderness landscapes in Southern California. The next event will be the 626 Golden Streets TROFEE on June 26, 2016 in Monrovia. Stay tuned to socalcross.org
for further details.